Senior Structural Engineer – Temporary Works
My client is a niche practice providing permanent and temporary works to contractor across the UK.
The company is actively growing its Temporary Works Department due to its continually increasing work load and as a result they currently have an exciting opportunity for a Structural Design Engineer to join the creative, innovative and dedicated team. The firm works mainly in the high end residential sector, both new build and refurbishment, often bespoke projects involving basement design and multi-storey. Their projects normally range from £1m up to £50m.
Responsibilities will include
• Providing temporary and permanent works design schemes for varied projects.
• Ensuring all designs adhere to the latest codes of practice, UK regulations and Company policies.
• Apply engineering knowledge to analyse the structural integrity of permanent and temporary works structures.
• Assess and design-out hazards where possible within the design process and propose effective control measures for the reduction and elimination of risk.
• Conduct site surveys, collect and assess site information, liaise with clients and site teams, as well as represent the Company at design and site meetings.
• Contribute to winning work by providing strong technical support to tenders by identifying innovative and cost effective strategies and design solutions.
The successful applicant will have/be
• MICE / MIStructE or working towards it
• Ability to compile method statements and other documentation for formal submission.
• Understanding of construction methodology and design principles with specific reference to Temporary Works.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with colleagues / external parties at all levels.
• Self-motivated and resilient with the ability to operate independently where required.