Senior Planner – Tier 1 Main Contractor
£95k Base Salary + £7k Car Allowance + Travel Paid + Bonus + 5% Pension + Healthcare + Life Assurance + 25 days holiday
A unique opportunity for an experienced Construction Planner to join Tier 1 Main Contractor, who are well established in the London. They work on prestigious projects which are over £100 million predominately in commercial amd residential sector. This contractor has strong family values, offering excellent work life balance and benefits to staff. They want to attract the right talent and have ethos to exceed expectations, which is about never settling for second best, surprising their customers with an understanding of their marketplace and always overcoming barriers to deliver quality and innovative outcomes.
Due to strong order book, they are looking for a Senior Planner to strengthen their planning team to cope with current pipeline. The role will be split between pre-construction and delivery. They have 2 large £100+ million high rise residential project in West London and need strong planner to lead on these projects.
Overview of role
* Preparation of design, procurement and construction programmes using Asta Powerproject for pre-qualifications, tenders and live projects.
* Identifying and selecting the appropriate techniques and sequence of events for each project.
* Analysing sites and local environments to determine appropriate logistics solutions and resources.
* Using specialist planning computer software, including synchro or similar.
* Preparing logistics plans and phasing layouts, using PowerPoint and Google Sketch-Up.
* Writing method statements.
* Attending and presenting at client interviews.
* Preparing detailed working programmes.
* Agreeing subcontractor trade programmes.
* Monitoring progress throughout the construction process and comparing this with the projected schedule of work.
* Reporting findings and recommending solutions to recover delays.
* Recording relevant events for potential entitlement claims.
* Using graphical and scheduled media to reflect progress, event impacts and forecasts.
* Liaising with and supporting the rest of Project Team throughout the process, making adjustments to project plans as necessary.
* Preparing project and activity feedback reports.
* Helping to develop the companies planning processes and procedures.
* Liaising with and coordinating trade contractor's programmes on site.
Required Skills & Experience
* Must have Main Contractor experience
* Good site experience working on £100+ million projects, ideally high rise residential projects in London
* Ideally Degree qualified, minimum qualification to HNC, HND level.
* Proficient experience using Asta Powerproject
* Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment or as an individual.
* Good understanding of construction technics, sequencing & methodology.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please call me for a confidential discussion on 07572 466 245 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org