Project Delivery Manager
Job Title Senior major Projects Officer
Client Local Council
Location West London
Salary 70-80k (temp)
I am proud to be working on behalf of a local council in West London that is looking for a 'Senior Major Projects Officer' also known as a 'Project Delivery Manager'
Purpose of the role
* To develop and deliver the Capital Works and investment programmes for Council's housing stock ensuring these are based on sound stock condition data.
* To develop service specification programmes for the commissioning of services to be carried out by external service providers.
* To manage all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for identified housing capital projects including planning, design and construction.
* To read, understand and apply standard to complex documents affecting housing capital projects, including but not limited to agreements / contracts, specifications, tender documentation, project charters, surveys and drawings.
* Interfaces directly with the appointed multi-disciplinary consultant (MDC) to define project requirements, take projects to market, proactively get projects on site, and overseeing on-site delivery.
* Prepare scopes of work, cost estimate & budget, tender documentation and evaluations, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control and recommending resources to Head of Service.
* Identify complex project risks, lead construct ability reviews, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
* Contributes to strategic planning of corporate strategies including Local Plan, HRA Business Plan and Housing Strategy in order to inform strategic planning and decision making within Hounslow Housing.
* To provide advice and support to councillors and other officers on relevant areas of service delivery, ensuring compliance with the council's standing orders.
* Support the delivery of efficient, effective and joined-up housing services, by developing efficient and effective investment plans and identify new opportunities for the council's housing stock.
* To work with key stakeholders, local residents, Lampton 360 and the voluntary sector in improving service quality and promoting creative and innovative ways of tackling housing investment issues.
* To promote a positive image of Hounslow and represent the council at events as delegated by the Senior Officer/Management
* Use project and programme management techniques to manage workloads and ensure the department remains compliant with legislation, delivers its housing corporate business priorities in line with standing orders.
Please do get in touch with Aurienne Ford from Skilled Careers on 07920723595