Project BIM Coordinator
Location: City Of London
Our client is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.
They build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of their ideas.
Their business is that of a technical consultancy, and they provide advice and engineering design for public, regulated and private sector clients.
The multidisciplinary nature of their skills allows them to draw on expertise from across the business to deliver complex projects both in the UK and in support of their other businesses overseas.
They deliver engineering and technically integrated design, together with project and cost management services, to a wide range of clients.
Their areas of operation include water, environment, education, aerospace, defence and infrastructure design as well as significant activity in transportation.
Due to a rapid increase in their workload, we are currently looking for a Project BIM Coordinator to join their growing team in Central London.
Description of Responsibilities
The Project BIM Coordinator is a key function within the project delivery and shall have effective regard for the coordination and management of project workflows which assist with the creation and managing of digital information and in accordance with the project BEP.
The Project BIM Coordinator shall have responsibility for ensuring the model is developed to the agreed levels of information and in strict accordance with the agreed standards, methods and procedures, defined in the project BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
The Project BIM Coordinator shall develop the required data sets and conduct clash detection and model coordination and assist the team with model issues that arise.
Project Setup and Interface
The BIM Coordinator shall have effective regard and responsibility for and in accordance with the Project BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
* Liaise with Regional BIM and IM managers to configure the Revit Project Template to form discipline specific template
* Setting the Revit project files up including the Master Coordinates file for the project
* Liaise with Regional BIM and IM managers to organise and deliver the BIM kick off meeting
* Ensure the Task Information Delivery Plan reflects the programme and is maintained
* Assist project teams with modelling and detailing on projects
* Develop and Maintain the Risk Register and help resolve BIM design issues
* Manage and maintain project content and request additional content for project teams as required
* Helping to technically deliver BIM projects in the role of CAD and BIM coordination
* Liaise with the Regional BIM Manager to ensure the latest project system architecture is clearly identified and required software versions are available for existing and new projects.
* Produce clash data sets and perform coordination and clash detection on models
* Enforcing project standards in accordance with the project BEP and under the guidance of either the Project Information Manager or Regional BIM Manager.
* Liaise with the Project Information Manager or Regional BIM Manager to ensure changes to standards, methods and procedures are effectively communicated to project teams
* Liaise with the Project Information Manager or Regional BIM Manager to raise awareness with any identified issues with internal standards on projects.
* Assist the Project Information Manager or Regional BIM Manager in the development and implementation of the project BEP and observe and enforce the adoption and adherence to them
* Perform and review clash reports with the project team, and the general contractor and lead this process when needed
* Liaise with the Project Information Manager or Regional BIM Manager regarding best practice methods and procedures for model validation
* Coordinate and maintain the Revit model ensuring best practice is followed
* Conduct Model audits and liaise with Project Information Manager or Regional BIM Manager on model performance and structure
* Troubleshoot Problems with BIM Authoring tools
* Assist the design team with one to one Revit queries and issues with the model
* Liaise with the Regional BIM Manager regarding ongoing support issues and problems with software
* Provide technical support for BIM enabling software applications to the project team
* Provide one-to-one mentoring on 'Best Practice' workflows to project teams as required
* Identify and Communicate any training needs and requirements with project teams to the Project Information Manager or Regional BIM Manager.
For more information regarding the above role, please contact Stephen Tiigah – firstname.lastname@example.org