Procurement Manger – SW London
– 1 day working from home
– Flexible working hrs
We are seeking a confident, experienced and personable Purchasing Manager with property related
purchasing experience to join a SW based team
This role will involve working and engaging with all departments within the group and taking
responsibility for ordering of all materials and our supplier relationships.
Our business is growing, and we expect this individual to grow with the role; additional responsibilities
will be assigned in due course in line with identified development needs, individual aptitude and
attitude and the needs of the business.
* To take overall responsibility and ownership for group purchasing and procurement, to build and
maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers.
* To ensure and to develop ?best practice' in purchasing, and at all times to ensure that goods
purchased meet the requirements of a project, negotiating best price, and suggesting alternatives
and challenging where necessary.
* To negotiate costs, terms and conditions which are in the best interests of the group, to ensure
that contracts and documentation reflects agreed terms, and that suppliers continually adhere to
* To liaise internally with the checking of delivery notes and invoices; to follow up any discrepancies
* To actively source the market for optimum prices, both with new and existing suppliers.
* To manage the Purchase Order process, ensuring internal stakeholders are informed on prices;
alternatives; orders placed; costs; quantities; payment terms.
* To understand all milestones and deadlines of projects, and to match supplier lead times for
delivery with the progress of group projects.
* To ensure that credit checks on suppliers are informed, and to continually check on the
company's financial exposure with suppliers, quickly flagging areas of concern.
* To be able to deal with and manage a wide supplier base.
* To assist in the budgeting and forecasting process, to constantly assist in the development of
more accurate budgets.
* To continually drive purchasing and terms with suppliers, not assuming that what was sufficient
last time is acceptable going forwards.
* Proactively take on new duties and assist across any group company, and to complete any ad
hoc analysis and tasks requested by the Finance Director or other Directors in a timely manner.
* To ensure that all filing and documentation is up to date at all times.
1. External suppliers
2. Interior Design Team
3. Architect Team
5. Finance Director (reporting line)
6. Project Manager
1. Excellent personable skills
2. Cost focus and ability to negotiate
3. Ability to match supplier delivery times with projects
2. Operational efficiency and drive to continually improve terms with suppliers
3. Results Driven
4. Proactive approach
5. Communication and Listening
7. Able to use initiative and open to new ideas
8. Planning, organising, meeting deadlines and knowing how to prioritise workload
9. Attentive to detail whilst being able to see the bigger picture
Knowledge and Skills
* Degree educated
* Fluent in English
* Experience of property development/construction projects is desirable (at least 3-5 years)
* Experience of excel for analysing data and information
* Sage 200 and ESTIPC /MAC experience is desirable but not essential
The successful candidate is likely to be an experienced Purchasing Manager with property related
purchasing experience who will be interested in developing their career in a growing and evolving
Strong interpersonal skills are vital, as is being open to taking on new responsibilities and the ability to
constantly challenge the business to enhance performance.