Job Title Housing Officer
Ray Rate £20-25 p/h
Dealing with all neighbourhood related issues for 500+ properties based in your allocated area. As part of this, you will be providing an excellent generic front-line tenancy management service to customers, managing rent collection and dealing with a range of tenancy and estate issues that improve neighbourhoods and focuses on achieving high-levels of customer satisfaction.
Your key duties will include
– Conducting monthly estate inspections reporting and raising communal repairs to mitigate potential health and safety risks to customers, complying with statutory legislation and protecting the organisation from litigation.
– Actively managing customer rent accounts to ensure income is received on time. Initiate actions to address arrears including legal proceedings as required to maximise income for the organisation.
– Carrying out regular tenancy visits to homes to verify household occupancy details, responding to changes in circumstances as required to support tenancy sustainment, comply with HCA regulations and ensure effective use of the organisations stock.
– Reporting and raising responsive and planned repairs to homes as required.
– Identifying and investigating cases of tenancy fraud, liaising with partner agencies including benefit departments to support cases that necessitate legal actions.
– Supporting customers in maintaining tenancies by addressing and resolving incidents of neighbour nuisance, ASB and any other breaches of tenancy.
– Working in partnership with the Asset Management Team to ensure statutory obligations are being met in relation to gas safety and electrical installations taking enforcement action as necessary.
– Ensuring diligent record keeping and administration across all areas of tenancy management. This includes the preparation of comprehensive casework required to support tenancy enforcement issues as required.
– Flexible approach to work and attendance at meetings out of hours as required.
– Taking on other duties commensurate with this post as directed/delegated by the Housing Manager.
As the client is keen for the candidate to hit the ground running previous experience of carrying out a similar role within Local Authority or public sector client would be beneficial.
Candidates must be available to start immediately. Only applicants who feel they meet the above criteria need apply.