Health & Safety Advisor
A leading M&E contractor with a strong national presence across sectors and the backing on a multinational parent company require a HSE advisor to join their London business unit. The company in question work across sectors delivering projects for leading Main Contractors on prestigious projects across London and the South East.
Health & Safety Advisor duties
– Adherence to relevant Environmental, Health & Safety statutory provisions & legislation
– Adherence to company & PSCS Environmental, Health & Safety Plans.
– Coordination in the development of task specific Method statements, risk assessments, safe plan of action, permit to work.
– Compliance with the project safety statement.
– Coordination of project safety indicators.
– Good Safety Practices are managed & maintained.
– Safety interventions are completed & registered.
– Carry out regular site audits and inspection, document results and follow up on any corrective actions.
– Records of statutory inspections are available for project activities, tool and plant.
– Adopt a Proactive approach to project EHS requirements.
– Ability to work either independently or as part of a team.
– Provide Safety input to site management & at site EHS forums.
– Ensure project sub-contractor adhere to project EHS policies & procedures.
– Site induction & training is coordinated, managed & maintained.
– Project PPE is resourced & available.
– Compile & carry out Toolbox talks, as necessary
– Assist or carry out accident investigation reports in a timely manner & ensure communication to company project management.
– Welfare & Hygiene facilities are in place, managed & maintained.
– Liaison with site Project Management on environmental, health & safety issues.
– Up to date documentation is included with the Safety File.
– Waste reduction and recycling programmes are maintained in line with project policies & procedure
– Selection Criteria / Person Specification
– Relevant third level Certificate qualification in Environmental, Health & Safety
– 2+ years experience of managing environmental, health and safety on large construction sites.
– Flexibility in working patterns where necessary.
– Ability to efficiently manage all environmental, health and safety issues on site.
– Strong communication & computer skills,
– Ability to work on own initiative and possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
– NEBOSH certificate level qualification
Sign off to a very good salary and the opportunity to progress within a growing business unit with a strong order book.
For more information please contact Mark Kenny on or call 02070657275