Contracts Coordinator – Architecture
Contract Coordinator – Full time or Part time – Farringdon – Paying up to £40k
My Client a Reputable Architecture Practice are looking to appoint a Contracts Coordinator to work with the Delivery Director to identify T&Cs in our appointments that we would like to negotiate, to improve risk management generally and to help the project architects understand and work to the project scope and key T&Cs of the appointment. This is a new role within the Specialist Design Studio (SDS). The SDS has been set up to provide support to the project teams in project delivery, technical design, BIM coordination, sustainability and computational design.
* Close to Mainline stations.
* Competative salary + pension + 25 days holidays.
* Gym Membership + season ticket loan available.
Key Areas of Responsibility
* Liaising with the practice's PI insurers regarding the terms of the appointment and communicating their comments to the H\\B bid team in a form that can be used as clarification questions
* Reviewing the appointments and preparing an assessment of additional areas of risk outside the insurer's comments (such as commercial matters) and any other issues to be raised in the bid process, with a view to negotiating amendments
* Preparing a summary of key issues within the T&Cs of the appointment, such as payment terms, copyright and any areas of risk;
* Preparing project-specific scopes of work, by RIBA work stage, either from the client brief or, in the absence of that, a scope based on the practice's standard
* Liaising with the H\\B project team to ensure they are familiar with the scope and understand the key areas of risk so they can be properly managed.
* Assisting the Programme Manager by issuing them the scope of work for each project as the basis for the project programme.
* Preparing and maintaining the practice standard scope of work.
* Preparing and maintaining a design responsibility matrix (DRM), based on the client's DRM or, in the absence of one, the practice's standard form.
* Coordinating H\\B's sub-consultant appointments.
* Ensuring that H\\B has a current copy of the PII certificate for all our contractor clients and our sub-consultants for all current and completed projects.
* This will involve maintaining a schedule and corresponding with the companies to get copies sent when they are renewed, typically once per year, per company.
* Qualification in a construction-related subject and/or contract law.
* Candidates who do not have this level of qualification but have significant relevant experience will be considered.
* MS Office suite of programmes.
* Strong working knowledge of construction-related professional services contracts.
* Experience providing support in a project environment.
* Good communication skills.
* Meticulous and highly conscientious.
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please call me for a confidential discussion on 02070657277 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org