AECOsim MEP BIM Coordinator
Our client is an award winning and global multi-disciplined design consultancy based in Croydon.
Due to a recent increase in workload we currently have an opportunity for an AECOsim MEP BIM Coordinator to join the growing Building Services team in Croydon on a contract basis for 6 months.
We are looking for a talented technician with specialist knowledge of one or more BIM packages to help them improve their delivery services yet further.
You will play a key technical role within the team, with the potential to deploy your talents in a variety of different ways. You will produce 3D models using Bentley AECOsim & Microstation in collaboration with other staff and external partners, to assist in the production of "preliminary", "construction" and "as built" drawings. You will also produce outputs from BIM models for various analysis and/or interface with other disciplines (e.g. building analysis, clash detection, COBie data drops etc). You will liaise between various disciplines to promote coordination and collaboration.
You will have the opportunity to advise staff and client representatives about the applications of BIM. You will be involved in the full design lifecycle of each project.
Furthermore, you will be encouraged to research and advise on BIM innovations, and assist the team in the Implementation thereof, with the potential to co-ordinate small teams.
You will be required to have the following skills and experience
* Extensive experience as a BIM Coordinator (Previous Rail experience would be advantageous)
* Expert knowledge of AECOsim & Navigator. Some experience of Revit MEP and Navisworks would be beneficial
* Have experience in use of ProjectWise Common Date Environment
* Previous experience on Crossrail or HS2 would be beneficial
* Some understanding of BIM model setup and management.
* Ability to manage incoming and outgoing document register.
* Understanding of MEP Services, Coordination, Access & Maintenance etc
* Able to work on your own initiative, whilst displaying a commitment to contribute to, and learn from, the wider team
* An appreciation of Building Services design and construction
* Familiar with developing standards and implementing them across teams
* Able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
* An understanding of BS1192 / ISO 19650
For more information regarding the above role, please contact Stephen Tiigah – email@example.com