This medium sized firm of consulting civil and structural engineers are seeking a Structural Technician to join them in their office based in Colchester, Essex. The practice provides engineering services to an increasing number of major national housebuilding companies, commercial developers and housing associations.
The broad design experience of the practice encompasses multiple high rise developments with underground vehicle parking facilities, major infrastructure construction and diversions, river sea defence works, industrial and commercial developments for specialist use, including multi-storey grain processing and storage, food storage, cold stores and warehouse distribution centres.
You should have a relevant HNC/HND + a number of years' experience in BIM/Revit (structures), multi storey reinforced concrete structures, skilled experience of AutoCAD 2016 and experience of CSC Orion finite element analysis program for multi-storey structures is preferred.
You will be given the opportunity to
* Work closely with other Senior Engineers and Technical Directors
* Work on varied and diverse projects
* Enhance your technician drawing skills and work with Revit
The ideal candidates for this role should
* Be familiar with structural designs in foundations, reinforced concrete, steelwork and ideally masonry and timber.
* Ideally have some high rise experience and knowledge of Eurocodes
* Have some years' experience with Structural Revit
Benefits at this company include excellent remuneration and working conditions, a stakeholder compliant pension scheme and a profit related bonus system.
You must live within a reasonable commuting distance to Colchester or be looking to relocate to this area.