We are looking for a high calibre Structural Engineer with a proven track record in the delivery of quality designs for building structures. The ability to work with other Engineers, manage CAD Technicians and produce designs in a wide range of materials is essential.
As important as technical design ability, the successful candidate will have a sound understanding of the building process, procurement, design management and control and interaction with other stakeholders in the construction process. They will be actively encouraged to establish themselves as a key contact with other consultants and partners and to represent the company at design team meetings. As such, good interpersonal and communication skills are considered essential.
The projects are building structures related and range in value up to £50m. The work is varied within most sectors of the Built Environment.
The remuneration package will reflect the experience of the successful candidate and that the position is seen as a key role in our future development and expansion in a multi-disciplinary environment.
* Involved in project design from commencement to completion.
* Preparing structural design calculations.
* Communicating with Technicians and supervising the production of design drawings.
* Supporting other Engineers in carrying out the project design.
* Carrying out Professional Development and maintaining records in accordance with ICE or IStructE requirements
* Ability to show initiative and drive and to manage time effectively.
We are proud to have been included in the Building Good Employer guide 2017.
We recognise that by having a diverse workforce we can benefit from a wide and knowledgeable team.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We encourage and nurture them through their career. We also recognise that everyone will experience challenges in their lifetime and as a business we look to support our staff and manage each situation individually to ensure they receive the support and time needed.