We have a reputation for the efficient delivery of mainly central London-based structural engineering projects ranging from super-prime residential through historic buildings, to hotels and commercial work. Our current team of 20 people is well structured and continues to expand.
As the successful applicant, you will be a key part of an engineering team of around 6 people, supported by your team Associate Director. You will be expected to have good ability to operate autonomously where required, have good commercial awareness and be capable of managing your time and project resources. You would ideally be well progressed with a formal IStructE or ICE training scheme, with ongoing engagement in the company’s Chartership (MIStructE) training scheme encouraged. We are geared towards developing today’s engineers into our future team leaders in line with our progressive expansion, and so you would ideally be looking towards your next step on the career ladder with us.
* Structural analysis and design
* Managing and running structural design projects
* Instructing draughtsmen and working closely with other members of the internal design team
* Carrying out checks by hand on scheme designs and more complex FE design
* Preparation of technical reports and specifications
* Site visits, carrying out desktop investigations, attending site meetings and checking progress and quality of work on site
* Liaising with authorities to progress projects
* Representing the company at design team and contractor/client meetings
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in structural and/or civil engineering
* Practical experience of structural engineering building design to British and/or European codes
* Good organisational and interpersonal skills
* Good technical writing skills and experience in presenting structural appraisals and feasibility studies
* Ability to manage own time and deliver work on programme