Senior Subcontract Buyer
Senior Subcontract Buyer | Top Tier Main Contractor
Bury St Edmunds
Senior Subcontract Buyer required for a top tier nationwide main contractor with a group turnover of over £4billion. They deliver large scale prestigious projects in the strategic health, custodial, defence, science and wider commercial sectors with an average construction value of £150million+.
As a Senior Subcontract Buyer you will be leading a £180million Defence Infrastructure Organisation project in Bury St Edmunds. The project will consist of 9 buildings including 2 air hangers, fuel cell, secure offices, receptions, briefing rooms, lecture theatre, gymnasium, feeder and recreational facilities and workshops.
* Pre-construction involvement in design meetings, product selection, obtaining quotations for cost certainty, supply chain development.
* Post contract duties include setting up supply chains for both material & subcontract packages, timely and effective processing of requisitions, material order negotiation and placement, maintaining of tracking documents, maintenance of purchasing database, continuous assessment of suppliers and subcontractors to pre-agreed KPI’s.
* Adhere fully to and provide guidance to others in Group Commercial Standards KGC035 for procurement together with KCMP Procurement Business Management Systems
* Writing and maintain approved What Good Looks Like Subcontract document
* Maintenance and adherence to procurement filing structures
* Contribute to, interrogate and develop commercial approach into working practices and deliver successful outcome.
* Identify risk and set in place strategy for management and minimisation of risks at task level.
* Tendering, negotiation and placement of sub-contract orders, chairing meetings when relevant, management and resourcing of suppliers and sub-contractors.
* Value engineering and cost saving initiatives.
* Chairing regular procurement reviews with Project Team.
* Composing tender lists and action all tendering requirements from feasibility through to implementation.
* Comparison and analysing tender returns and making recommendations on awarding work.
* Involvement in pre-contract negotiation with subcontractors, involving construction and commercial team members.
* Contract preparation and issuing.
* Management of on-holds and assistance in rectifying holds where the responsibility of the BU. Working with project GRN clerk and Exception Handler roles.
* Provide training and guidance in procurement and GRN process to site teams.
If you are interested in this Senior Subcontract Buyer opportunity, please call Andrew Pipe for a confidential discussion on 02070657277 or for an out of hours discussion on 07841199419 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.