Senior Structural Revit Technician
Structural BIM focussed engineering consultancy is seeking a Senior BIM Technician to join their fleet. They are an award winning tech focussed team who are renowned in London for being the ?Best BIM Business'.
The Civil & Structural arm of the consultancy are expanding their reach and require the assistance of a senior BIM/Revit user. This opportunity will offer the chance to work on some fantastic projects throughout the world (Europe, Asia, Middle East, USA). The sectors will include aviation, leisure facilities, residential, mixed use development, pharmaceutical and many more.
Step into the future here with the highest level of BIM capabilities, push your career as a Senior Structural Revit Technician forward and be a part of a diverse, multi Lingual and design led practice where YOU as the Senior Structural Revit Technician decide your path.
Are you a Senior Structural Revit Technician stuck working on the same boring projects? Is your career plodding along with no clear path? STOP and apply now.
This is your chance to work with the latest virtual reality software, become client facing, attend meetings and work on London top projects in the latest Structural BIM software as a Structural Revit Technician.
Projects are various in sector with opportunities to work in different teams not just stuck on one project for 10 months. As well as Top London projects the role of Structural Revit Technician will be given the chance to work on overseas structures.
There is a true feeling of multi-disciplinary engineering at this practice with 6 different teams in one
office all taking care of their relevant sectors. ALL working to BIM Level 2.
As well as nation renowned training and prosperous project exposure, there is also a fun and interactive work life balance. The consultancy offers many paid extra activities such as football teams, yoga, and paintballing and of course drinks at the pub! Not too bad for a Senior Structural Revit Technician.
* Experience leading projects and managing small group of technicians to produce models and drawing packages from concept to completion ensuring the models, drawings and other outputs are aligned with Company BIM standards.
* Creation of complex parametric Revit families (BIM Content)
* Experience working with templates, filters, design options, phases, model quantities schedule, 3D rebar and rebar schedule
* Experience working with internal and external information from coordination point of view and demonstration of working with live Architectural and MEP linked models
* Experience working with coordination review tools such as Navisworks, Solibri, Tekla BIMsight
* Experience of Clash Detection, and 4D BIM Scheduling
* Experience and clear understanding of Projects Geolocation Setting out, implementation and use of shared coordinates, publishing coordinates, managing site models, etc
* Knowledge of working with IFC file formats and COBie standards
* Knowledge of NBS standards is an advantage
* Experience in other modelling software such as Solidworks, Tekla, Allplan, Civils 3D etc. are an advantage but not a must
* Experience with Dynamo, Grasshopper etc. are an advantage. An interest and self-motivation to study and learn is required
* Good knowledge of 2D/3D AutoCAD
* A will to develop an understanding of other disciplines for coordination is a requirement.
* Previous experience in fabrication (e.g. steel, precast etc.) would be an advantage
* Working with Engineers and liaise with internal and external project team to produce structural information modelling and drawing production on projects
* Producing the assigned packages and planning its own work and the necessary resources to meet the deadlines
* Creating schedules for quantities and produce construction sequences
* Working with project teams to develop and implement project-specific BIM workflows, BIM Execution Plan (BEP) and data management
* Ensuring Project's BEP is up to date with all projects changes prior issuing the BIM models
* Carrying out model auditing to ensure all models complied with company Standards/Project requirements
* Maintaining project-specific library of families and develop new families as required along with other project-specific contents
* Assist the BIM Manager and BIM coordinators with BIM related tasks
* Assisting in the organisation and coordination of the structural design team as needed to successfully deliver projects
* Mentor and provide support for junior and intermediate Revit technicians
Experience and Educational background
* A university degree in civil/structural engineering, architecture or similar
* A minimum of 5 years' experience Autodesk Revit
* Experience working in international environment (UK preferably)
* Experience in using Autodesk Revit 2016 or above on design/construction projects