Senior Structural Engineer
As part of our continuing growth, my client is recruiting a Structural Engineer to be based in London with the work based in the Southern Home Counties. You would be joining the Survey Inspection and Design Team of a leading provider of Structural Insurance with an international presence and a respected brand.
Overview of Responsibilities
* To undertake assessments of Structural designs for a wide range of building types. This will include reviews from philosophy to detailed calculations.
* Initial and ongoing liaison with developers/clients – offer technical advice and guidance.
* Ongoing liaison with Project Managers/Co-ordinators and surveyors on technical matters – must ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
* To complete site inspections on complex schemes to determine compliance with the agreed design.
* To provide technical advice on claims as well as undertaking site inspections and assessments on more complex claims to assess causes and identify remedial works.
* To provide advice to the Underwriting Departments on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
* To undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
* degree / meng qualification experience is essential.
* In depth technical knowledge of Structural Engineering principles applicable to Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
* Experience across a broad range of building structures.
* Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
* Understanding of Building Regulations and associated legislation.
* Ability to undertake site inspections to assess compliance with the approved design, Technical Manual, and Codes of Practice;
* Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
* The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
* Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
* Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
* Ability to motivate self and influence others.
* Experience of Relationship Management.
* Excellent Communications skills.
* Flexible in personal approach