Senior Revit MEP Coordinator
* 700-strong globally, my client is big enough to provide stability, plenty of work and a vibrant atmosphere, but still at a size where you don’t get lost in the organisational structure – every project is led by a Partner/Director to provide the right experience and guidance throughout the life of the project.
* They have 500 staff across the UK, 204 in their spacious modern London office. They also have offices in the Far East, Middle East, Europe and Australasia.
* They are not interested in people who are happy at their own level – they need ambitious people who will grow and develop, and in return will provide the tools and guidance to help them.
Reasons to work for them
* Extremely well-respected within the industry, and win very exciting projects on the back of this – competing with the giants of engineering like Aecom/Arup/WSP etc.
* Pay attention to staff and put a lot of effort and resources into maintaining their extremely low level of staff turnover. This centres around attention to detail, ensuring every aspect of the employees’ experience is taken care of – from projects to training and development to office atmosphere, and everything in between. Most staff who have left the London office in the last year went to their other offices.
* As a partnership, ultimately the business exists for its staff not for shareholders. Close involvement of Partners on projects gives you access to their knowledge and expertise to develop your career – unusually for a company of this size, there are no individual offices, the partners sit amongst the rest of the staff.
* Have an extremely strong pipeline of large projects, hence needing new staff especially those capable of running large jobs.
* Growth of the Building Services team nationally throughout 2019
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented MEP Revit Technician to join the team at their office in London (St Pauls) to produce BIM Models & CAD drawings for all stages of design ensuring the effective design of some of the most exciting building design projects in the world.
As part of their established team of expert engineers and CAD/Revit technicians, and working closely with colleagues of various disciplines, you will produce detailed 2D CAD general assemblies, and will also develop design coordinated 3D BIM models using Revit into their current design practices.
Having already been accredited with a relevant HNC/HND (or equivalent) and having worked at BIM level 2, you have gained strong practical experience of using Revit in a similar building based role, you are adept at planning and organising your workload and communicating effectively with engineering and AutoCAD specialists. You have sound knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit, have proven experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines, and crucially – share their passion for creative, sustainable and intuitive design.
The Senior Technician will take responsibility for the production, interpretation and amendment of technical drawings, using appropriate design software, as well as resolving design issues in collaboration with senior engineers and project teams. The Senior Technician is also responsible for managing the control of incoming and outgoing documents to ensure that changes are identified, that the accuracy of the drawings held on file is maintained, and that documents are issued to clients and contractors in the required format.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Interpret engineering designs and produce & amend technical drawings using software appropriate to the discipline and project/s
* Produce calculations using the appropriate tools and/or systems
* Anticipate and highlight potential design problems
* Quality control of documents, ensuring that changes are identified, accuracy of drawings held on file is maintained, and documents are issued to clients and contractors in the required format
* Check work for accuracy and quality control purposes, including the works of colleagues and other members of the project team
* Assist at project site visits, performing tasks as required (e.g. attending meetings, taking photographs, monitoring work against specification and highlighting problems, proving on-site instruction with regard to drawings)
* Attend and participate in design and/or review meetings
* Co-ordinate site investigations with external advisers, and co-ordinate resulting correspondence between parties
* Liaise and collaborate with other members of the design team over queries or issues relating to drawings, and assist with resolution
* Provide technical assistance to colleagues on software issues, working across other offices and disciplines
* Develop, maintain and continuously improve technical standards
* Support and assist less experienced colleagues where required
* Follow project management, QA, environmental and health and safety procedures
* Demonstrate proactive approach to continuous professional development
Qualifications and Credentials Required
* Educated to NVQ level 5 in a relevant subject, or equivalent combination of educational and practical experience
* Working towards recognized ?Engineering Technician’ status with a relevant professional institution where possible
* Practical experience in a relevant engineering consultancy
* Thorough technical experience and understanding of the relevant discipline
* Demonstrable understanding of relevant local or national codes of practice and industry good practice
* Understanding of relevant technical software
* Experience of managing and supporting more junior colleagues in their development
For more information on this role or if you would like to be submitted, please call Micaela Mitchell on 0207 065 7276 / 07825 810 432. Alternatively, you can send your CV to email@example.com