Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor | Residential Main Contractor
£75,000 – £80,000 + Package
Bury St Edmunds
A well-established residential main contractor require an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on a challenging project in Bury St Edmunds. They are working in partnership with housing associations and local authorities to provide affordable housing, as well as developing homes themselves. The project itself is a £35million, 220 unit scheme RC frame and traditional build project.
Senior Quantity Surveyor duties
* Manage and drive subcontract procurement, deliver the procurement to a programme ensuring timely placed orders. Identify risks, gains, areas of design input or potential value engineering. Establish and monitor subcontract resources. Produce sub-contractor buying analyses together with detailed back-up information identifying the package summary for approval by the Managing Surveyor / Commercial Manager / Project Manager / Regional Director, prior to order being placed.
* Produce and issue accurate and timely CVCs ensuring preliminary and material costs/forecasts are managed. Preparation of CVC’s to be reviewed with Technical, Production and Purchasing disciplines. CVC’s prepared for review by Commercial Manager/Regional Director approval.
* Produce comprehensive subcontract orders; manage their return and completion with accurate records taken.
* Administer Subcontractors accounts, in accordance with the subcontracts, including valuing, re-measuring and certifying timely payments.
* Prepare, agree and issue valuations in accordance with contract requirements. Produce Contract Sum Analyses and cash flow forecasts, ensuring a positive cash flow is maintained for the project.
* Attend and actively partake in Design meetings, Client meetings and Internal Team meetings, and actively drive to pursue Value Engineering options.
* Manage the client’s final account, inclusive of delivering and agreement of contract variations, communication of their outcome, implications and the preparation of forecast final accounts.
* Responsible for cash management of projects, by minimising costs and maximising value through proactive analysis and facilitation of works packages.
* Manage the contract finishes schedule, review and evaluation of specification costs and alternatives. Work towards closing out an accurate value engineered finishes specification delivered within the works on site.
* Control and accurately report cost together with future financial projections.
* Work in partnership with all departments; assist in driving communications & problem solving.
* Manage other members of commercial staff, likely to be at Trainee/Assistant or QS level. Support and maximise their output, carry out their appraisal and performance reviews.
If you’re interested in hearing more about this Senior Quantity Surveyor opportunity please call Andrew Pipe for a confidential discussion on 02070657277 or for an out of hours discussion on 07841199419. Alternatively email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for this opportunity is 15/02/19.