Senior Civil Engineer
Senior Civil Engineer
An opportunity has presented itself for a Senior Civil Engineer to work for a major Multidisciplinary Engineering design consultancy based in the heart of London.
The Practice work on a wide variety of major projects including high rise, facades, commercial, residential, urban developments, long span roofs and work with top name architects. You would get the opportunity to work on a mix of UK and overseas projects in a collaborative working environment based on strong principles of engineering.
The Consultancy is design focused rather than production focused to build and maintain relationships with clients and really deliver on a holistic basis. The firm has a high proportion of Chartered Engineers in the office and can offer excellent support for MICE if not already achieved. They pride themselves on staff retention – to recruit and retain top people.
Skills and response abilities
* 4-6yrs post-graduation experience within a design consultancy
* Highway infrastructure design and adoption with particular attention to levels and drainage.
* Negotiating with the Council Highway agencies on highway issues pertaining to the development.
Working knowledge of
* Section 38 adoption and 278 works.
* Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) Road markings and Signage
* Direct and supervise other Designers/Drafters activities as required
* Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment for simulation purposes and to prepare engineering design documents
* Apply expert knowledge of civil engineering solutions Research design options and document findings
* Provide drawing for own designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by Designers/Drafters
* Undertake liaison and coordination with other designers, including architects, and other engineers to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic and concept of the construction.
* Undertake liaison with construction contractors to maintain the principles of the design in the works that are carried out.
What's in it for you?
* Competitive salary 40 hour working week with flexi time
* TOIL provided for approved overtime
* Income protection scheme and death in service scheme
* 20 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays, 25 days for Associate level and above
* Government pension scheme
* 3.5 days additional leave over Christmas gifted annually by the Company to all employees, this is not included within the standard leave allowance
* Social environment with monthly works drinks catered in the office and quarterly office events such as the summer ping pong event.
* Chartership paid for and supported by the Company. Study and exam days provided. Annual professional development programme ran with internal and external workshops and courses.Membership subscriptions paid for.
For more information or to apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Kenny on 02070657274.