Senior Civil Engineer
Senior Civil Engineer – Cambridge
An opportunity has arisen for Senior Civil Engineer to join an award winning engineering practice specialising in structural and civil design. The role is perfect for a Civil Engineer with 3-4yrs experience wanting to step up or further develop their career, or a Senior Engineer with 5-6yrs experience looking for a new challenge.
The consultancy offer a broad range of services within the construction industry, covering all sectors including commercial, education, industrial, hotel and leisure, medical, residential, restoration, civil and retail. As a Senior Engineer you will have the opportunity to run and be part of a newly established infrastructure team to deliver projects from initial planning and feasibility through to detailed design and construction phases. The position is based in their Cambridge office but also delivers projects for both Cambridge and London offices.
This is a unique opportunity to lead a young team and to develop and expand the capability and to deliver infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with the senior management to shape this aspect of our business, developing a successful infrastructure capability to deliver projects to the highest standards and levels of accuracy. There will be an opportunity for business development and to become an integral member of an exciting and growing business.
What you will need to demonstrate?
* Ground modelling/cut and fill analysis.
* External level design.
* Preparation of surface water and SuDS drainage strategies for planning applications.
* Private and adoptable drainage designs.
* Foul and surface water flow and network analysis for gravity and pumped systems.
* Implementation of SUDs designs.
* Dialogue/negotiation with relevant third-party stakeholders.
* Drainage consents, approvals and Section 104/106 agreements.
* Preparation of flood risk assessments would be advantageous.
* Looking at all aspects of different junction designs for private and local authority schemes.
* Horizontal and vertical alignments design.
* Pavement specification and design.
* Sign specifications, white lining, swept path analysis and designing for deliveries.
* Traffic calming schemes.
* Designing for pedestrians including all types of cycleway and footway enhancements.
* Preparation of Section 278/38 designs and agreements.
* Will have led infrastructure design on an extensive range of projects for both technical and non-technical clients.
* Mentoring and development of other engineers, graduates and technicians on design concepts, engineering theories and best practice.
* Meeting with clients, key stakeholders and other professionals.
* Fully conversant with all key UK drainage and highway design standards.
* Competent use of AutoCAD, Micro-drainage, AutoTrack, Civils 3D, PDS sign and line packages as well as Microsoft Office.
* Be able to prepare a range of civil engineering reports including, but not limited to, drainage strategies, utility reports, technical notes and transport feasibility studies.
* Preparation of fee proposals and project briefing notes.
* You will be expected to be involved in business development, seeking opportunities to market the business and develop project opportunities.
As a Senior Engineer you will be working for a consultancy that rewards excellence along with a very competitive there are also raft of benefits.
For more information or to apply please send a CV to Kenny at email@example.com or call 0207 065 7274.