Senior BIM/Revit MEP Coordinator
Senior BIM/Revit MEP Coordinator
Oxford, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom – Full Time
To produce CAD drawings and BIM models for our clients’ team of building services consultant engineers, working within existing BIM/CAD standards and within ISO 9001 procedures.
Our client’s Oxford office is seeking a Senior BIM/Revit MEP Coordinator who is a team player with the ability to receive and execute instructions from the BIM Manager with minimal supervision. You may in the performance of your duties be required to travel within the UK and abroad.
Duties & Responsibilities
Working closely with their engineers, the successful BIM/Revit MEP Coordinator will be responsible for setting up and producing engineering CAD drawings and 3D models using AutoCAD and Revit MEP. Additionally, you will be responsible for the coordination of their services, final presentation of drawings and start having some input into technical BIM processes. New ideas and career development are encouraged. Able to give support to Junior and Intermediate BIM designers when required
Key Skill Requirements
* Very experienced AutoCAD user with an extensive background in producing building services engineering CAD drawings (Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health disciplines).
* Experience in using Revit MEP to produce building services engineering 3D models. Experience with the following
* Very good Understanding of Project browser setup
* Very good understanding and experience using worksets
* Very good understanding and experience applying correct systems to the different services
* Very good understanding of view templates and adjusting the visibility setting
* Experienced setting up new views and sheets
* Experienced with Family Creation
* Copy/Monitoring Grids and Levels
* Exporting DWF/DXF/IFC/NWC/gbXML
* Experience creating Mechanical, Electrical systems and Public Health Systems
* Good ability to read and understand engineering mark-ups drawings & the design.
* Good understanding of all three disciplines and how they work together. Have the ability to take on design tasks from those disciplines.
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, with the good ability to identify cross-discipline coordination issues.
* Experience of working in a building services consultancy and/or with a sub-contractor.
* Must have strong organisational skills, able to manage own workload and engineers expectations.
* Experience aligning to and understanding of BIM standards set by the BEP on projects
* Experience as a Model management of small to medium size projects. Being that key person who knows all on a project. Key tasks are as follow
* Project setup – Setup of project browser, views and sheets at the start of the project that have been agreed with the project team. (setting up coordinates and levels to suite project BEP to be done by BIM Coordinator or BIM Manager)
* Management of the views, sheets and drawings lists
* Ensuring consistency between all disciplines.
* Policing/enforcing BIM standards including the use of Families and naming conventions which have been agreed on the projects ( internal or external documented in BEP)
* To be the point of contact for external BIM leads ( Architectural & Structural)
* To be the point of contact for that project internally for all aspects of the models and drawings (including issue dates, what is to be delivered and an excellent overall knowledge of the project).
* Monitoring and addressing health of project models (floating families, incorrect modelled element, incorrect workset use, warnings, model size etc.)
* Self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Support to Junior and Intermediate BIM designers when required
My client’s vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
They believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Their passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, the firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For them, sustainability is second nature and their design approach continues to be a reflection of their commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
The team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. They are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
They offer a competitive remuneration package, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
They are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
For more information on this role or if you would like to be submitted, please contact Micaela Mitchell at Skilled Careers on 0207 065 7276 / 07825 810 432 . Alternatively, you can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .