Revit MEP Coordinator
Revit MEP Coordinator
3 Months – Possible extension
Fantastic opportunity to join a practice of highly experienced engineers with an enviable reputation for bespoke design solutions. Our client is a reputable Building Services Consultancy who are situated in the beautiful setting of Hampshire, between Southampton and Portsmouth. They work on high profile National projects including; residential, commercial, mixed-use developments and hotels. In recent times our client has been eager to develop their business sustainably and with consideration of its environmental impact. They offer a bright and open plan office layout with beautiful scenery outside.
As a successful candidate you will be joining an experienced, dynamic team of CAD Technicians and Revit MEP Coordinators on a contract basis, supporting the CAD Manager and producing drawings for all stages of design. Within the role you will ensure the effective delivery of projects for Public Health, Electrical and Mechanical disciplines. As a Revit MEP Coordinator you will be required to produce and develop Revit MEP 3D models and assist in the change and coordination of architectural and other external drawings. Clear career structure and opportunity to grow with the consultancy.
· Ability to communicate technical subjects clearly
· Drawing/detail production from Engineers sketches and from scratching using architectural drawings and or concepts
· Take responsibility for drawing issues and daily housekeeping in terms of bother digital and hard copy project file storage
· Responsible for ensuring delivery of drawing work to agreed project programmes, whilst meeting commercial targets
· Able to develop concept ideas into drawing details
· Assist in developing systems and procedures to ensure that the CAD system is used effectively
· Making sure that drawing production follows company standards
· Capable of checking and approving work of junior staff
· Developing the BIM capability and the appropriate use of emerging modelling technology of the building services team
· Significant, relevant industry experience as a Building Services Technician – working on a range of projects specifically High End Residential
· Good communication skills, experience in dealing with other employees working as a member in project teams and delivering to external clients
· Confident, proactive character, ability to take the lead in challenging situations with the confidence to question engineers regarding coordination details
· Good computer and IT skills; use of Microsoft Office software essential
· Willingness to learn new skills and software plus attendance of upgrade training according to industry requirements
· Able to produce quality diagrams and illustrations for publication of design competitions, aid to conferences and award entries
· Be a competent user of AutoCAD
· 3D skills and experience using Revit MEP
As the ideal candidate you will be degree qualified or equivalent in the relevant subject area and working knowledge of technical software including AutoCAD and Revit MEP.
For more information on this role, please contact Micaela Mitchell at Skilled Careers on 0207 065 7276 / 07825 810 432. Alternatively, you can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .