Repairs Service Manager
Repairs Service Manager (Housing)
Hackney, London (Travel to other sites will be required occasionally)
£43,000 plus competitive benefits package
Are you passionate about delivering an excellent repairs service to customers?
Our client owns and manages over 57,000 homes across London, the South East, East Midlands and the East of England. Together, they want to improve the services they provide to customers, do more in the communities and build a better future for generations to come. They have a diverse asset portfolio comprising social rent, market rent, leasehold, key worker and student accommodation.
The Repairs Manager will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to provide a one team approach across all end to end processes, with emphasis on the customer.
You will manage 3-5 direct reports. You will develop your team to ensure they deliver a consistently high level of customer service with emphasis on resolving issues at the first point of contact and keeping customers updated along their service journey.
The Repair Teams deal with almost 40,000 telephone calls per year as well as high numbers of email and online enquiries.
The team works with internal departments, contractors, developers, local authorities and other external bodies to ensure customers’ repairs are dealt with effectively and through to conclusion.
Who they’re looking for
* You will be a confident manager with the ability to bring your team on a service improvement journey
* You will have outstanding communication and collaboration skills to allow you to achieve the outcomes for customers.
* You will be able to achieve the successful delivery of tasks and objectives by effectively managing others or taking direct action. You are able to inspire and motivate the team to achieve its greatest potential and have the ability to positively coach team members. You will establish performance regimes so each team member is clear on how they contribute to successful service delivery
The successful candidate will need to
* Be a team player and work well with others
* Have experience of managing staff through periods of change
* Have a good knowledge of repairs and defects
* Be confident using IT and developing streamlined ways of working
* Be able to use their initiative and make sound decisions
* Be customer focused and confident in dealing with complaints
* Be able to plan and manage a varied workload
* Have experience of delivering service improvements
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please email Chris a copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you would like to know more about this opportunity, please call me on 0207 065 7289