Quantity Surveyor | Top 5 Main Contractor
£55,000 – £65,000 + Package
Quantity Surveyor required for a top 5 main contractor with a group turnover of over £4billion. They are looking for someone to lead the 2 stage tender on a £12million student accommodation project in Canterbury.
* Preparation of project Commercial Reporting as required.
* Preparation of Valuations/Application for payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract.
* Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation.
* Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules.
* Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
* Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers.
* Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change.
* Challenge & manage in cost control / cost mitigation.
* Ensure the correct site records are maintained.
* Implement a WBS structure to satisfy the Client & Contract requirements.
* Have an up to date Cost to Complete and Risk analysis Register for the projects(s).
* Preparation, negotiation and agreement of change events, extension of time claims, final accounts etc.
* Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required.
* Ensure appropriate Client Management is initiated and maintained.
* Drafting of complex subcontract arrangement including professional services & appropriate terms of engagement.
* Identification and advice upon of insurance related issues.
* Maximising of cash position, including WIP control, cash flow production & improvement plans.
* Maintain / assist in the production of the margin improvement plan on the project.
* Assist in work winning duties as required and 2 stage tendering
If you’re interested in hearing more about this Quantity Surveyor opportunity please call Andrew Pipe for a confidential discussion on 02070657277 or for an out of hours discussion on 07841199419. Alternatively email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for this opportunity is 15/02/19.