Quantity Surveyor – High End Mixed Use
Location Oval, SE11
Salary £45,000-£55,000 + £4,250 car allowance + 10% bonus.
Quantity Surveyor required for one of London's leading developers. An opportunity has arisen to join and be part of a team working on an exciting project based near Kennington. This is a chance for a Quantity Surveyor to be part of a £380m large scale mixed use project. There will be large scale commercial usage as well as 1300 apartments being developed and will be spread over 7 blocks, with the tallest being 17 storeys.
The client is aiming to employ a Quantity Surveyor to join their team with the project due to commence in the late summer. You will be seeing the project through from procurement to project completion. This is a great chance to secure your future within this dynamic and rewarding company as the project is due to last 7 years.
Quantity Surveyor duties
* Manage and drive subcontract procurement, deliver the procurement to a programme ensuring timely placed orders. Identify risks, gains, areas of design input or potential value engineering. Establish and monitor subcontract resources. Produce sub-contractor buying analyses together with detailed back-up information identifying the package summary for approval by the Commercial Manager/Project Director/Regional Director, prior to order being placed.
* Produce and issue accurate and timely CVCs ensuring preliminary and material costs/forecasts are managed. Preparation of CVC's to be reviewed with Technical, Production and Purchasing disciplines. CVC's prepared for review by Commercial Manager/Project Director/Regional Director approval.
* Produce comprehensive subcontract orders, manage their return and completion with accurate records taken.
* Administer Subcontractors accounts, in accordance with the subcontracts, including valuing, re-measuring and certifying timely payments.
* Prepare, agree and issue valuations in accordance with contract requirements. Produce Contract Sum Analyses and Cash flow forecasts, ensuring a positive cash flow is maintained for the project.
* Attend and actively partake in Design meetings, Client meetings and Internal Team meetings, and actively drive to pursue Value Engineering options.
* Manage the client's final account, inclusive of delivering and agreement of contract variations, communication of their outcome, implications and the preparation of forecast final accounts.
* Responsible for cash management of projects, by minimising costs and maximising value through proactive analysis and facilitation of works packages.
* Manage the contract finishes schedule, review and evaluation of specification costs and alternatives. Work towards closing out an accurate value engineered finishes specification delivered within the works on site.
* Control and accurately report cost together with future financial projections.
* Work in partnership with all departments, assist in driving communications & problem solving.
To discuss further, please get in touch by calling Matthew Shek on 0207 065 7270 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org