Quantity Surveyor | Cost Consultancy
Quantity Surveyor | Consultancy
Quantity Surveyor required for a reputable Consultancy as part of the Cost Consultancy team based in Kent. They are invested in driving value from clients’ assets. Whether that be land, buildings or ideas. Their unique blend of services are executed with the high focus that 23 years of expertise has afforded them, ensuring clients project is delivered with the highest levels of proficiency.
As a truly multi-disciplined business, they excel in delivering project construction and development centric professional consultancy services. They deliver across a range of market sectors including residential, education, healthcare and public sector regeneration. Although you will be working through their partnership arm who also deliver a range of client side services to Local Authorities and Registered Providers.
As a Quantity Surveyor within the business you must have developer or contractor experience and be able to produce bills of quantities from drawings and estimate building costs of town centre high-rise mixed use schemes.
Quantity Surveyor duties will include
* Estimating from RIBA stage 2 initial concepts through to RIBA stage 5
* Client liaison and attending design team meetings
* Supply chain package procurement
* Reviewing and analysing Main Contractors Tender submissions
* Cost exercises for clients.
* Value Engineering
Key Skills required
* Preparation of Cost / Benefit analysis of design options.
* Work closely with the Project Managers & Directors
* Ensuring all costs are tracked & validated
* Supporting bid team by producing accurate and competitive cost estimates
* Cost comparison and contractor selection
* Cost control and preparation of periodic financial reconciliation’s, reports and forecasts
* Deal with correspondence in relation to commercial and contractual issues
* Understanding of JCT Design and Build contracts
* Negotiation with contractors
If you’re interested in this Quantity Surveyor opportunity, please call Andrew Pipe for a confidential discussion on 02070657277 or for an out of hours discussion on 07841199419 or email your details to email@example.com. Closing date for this opportunity is 15/03/19.