Principal Design Manager
Principle Design Manager
Salary £80k – £90k Base Salary
Package £7k Car Allowance + 15% Bonus + Family Healthcare + 8% Pension + 3x Life Assurance
Fantastic opportunity to work for a top tier main contractor, who have been established for over 125 years. They have fantastic family culture and have a strong emphasis on good work life balance. They work on variety of exciting sectors with strong pipeline of work secured. The business has a structured approach to winning work and investing in new technology and innovations on the market.
They are looking for a Principle Design Manager who will be based in their Manchester office, supporting the business unit across preconstruction and delivery with projects ranging from £5million – £100million. You will also be regularly visiting sites with the Director and leading of team of 10 Design Managers in this business unit.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the Principal Design Manager to play a key part in the company’s expansion plans. They are open to backgrounds and is happy to look at people from an architectural practice, consultancy and main contractor.
The ideal candidate to fulfil Principal Design Manager Requirement will have an emphasis on soft skills
* leadership, influencing, gravitas, understanding of the design process,
* Experience in preconstruction, confident in presenting and communicating with Clients, Designers and influencing the design at an early stage in its evolution.
* Fulfil the role of Bid Manager as required.
* Review the appropriate Design Team for each project in conjunction with the Commercial/ Business Unit Directors
* Ensure the Contractors Proposals, on each project, are complete, unambiguous, have been reviewed by the bid team, and have been updated to include all post tender negotiations.
* For each project, ensure all designer agreements, scope of works and design management plans are issued, agreed and fully understood by all parties.
* For each project, ensure a realistic design programme and information required schedule is produced and agreed by all parties to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements.
* Ensure the design has been reviewed on all projects with respect to mitigating Health and Safety issues prior to construction and ensure that hazards are noted on all drawings at each stage of their production.
* Liaise with the Design Director and visit, on a regular basis, the site teams to ensure all parties are fulfilling their obligations and review the design programme and processes to satisfy him/ herself on the performance of the project and site team with respect to design.
* Liaise with the Design Director and advise on individual project performance, staff resource requirements, staff pastoral issues, training and development requirements.
* Review or participate in PDRs for all staff which the Principal Design Manager has functional responsibility.
* Assist the Design Director in the development and implementation of continuous improvement programmes.
* Maintain close relationships with customers and principal design team members.
Knowledge & Skills Required
* Experience within Architectural and consultancy considered but ideally from a Main contractor.
* Good experience working across of variety of sectors education, commercial, healthcare and residential
* Excellent knowledge of value creation
* Advanced knowledge of contracts and contract documentation
* Advanced knowledge of construction materials, methods and technology
* Strong knowledge of health and safety and environmental legislation and issues
* Strong knowledge of procurement, management systems and risk management
* Good knowledge of planning techniques and life cycle cost
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please call me for a confidential discussion on 02070657277 or email your details to email@example.com