MEP Revit Technician
Established Contractor is inviting applications for Lead Project BIM Coordinators for their projects in London.
They are an internationally recognised mechanical, electrical and instrumentation engineering contractor. They well established presence in Ireland, the UK and Northern Europe, working with excellent clients across various sectors such as Datacentres, Pharmaceutical, Petrochemical, Industrial and Commercial.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Liaising and coordinating with Engineers, Design Teams and 3rd party contractors.
* Working as part of a team.
* Working with the BIM Manager to develop the project program and BIM delivery strategy.
* Manage workload of project Revit Technicians
* Chair Weekly Coordination Meetings and Breakout Workshops with Engineers, Design Teams and 3rd party contractors, compiling minutes and action items from this sessions and follow-up.
* Implement the BIM Execution Plan (BEP) standards, and specific plans for each project.
* Support the BIM Manager in the development of BIM Standards throughout the business.
* Manage Master Revit MEP Model.
* Manage the production of weekly Updates of the Navisworks Model and issue Clash Detection Reports.
* Manage the production of fully annotated and coordinated 2D Builderworks Drawings (BWIC) and Services Drawings.
* Regularly track and report project progress to the BIM Manager.
* Manage the close of completed projects with ?As Built? drawings and input to Operational & Maintenance File.
* Assist to ensure all projects are driven to provide the best value solutions and delivered on time and within budget.
Ideal applicants will have
* Level 7 degree in an Engineering discipline.
* Trade background. Electrician, Plumber, Fitter etc.
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
* Experience in Lead BIM Coordinator Role, managing workload and tracking progress on projects.
* ?Autodesk AutoCAD’. At least 4 years’ experience.
* ?Autodesk Navisworks’. At least 2 years’ experience.
* Management experience desirable
* Proven ability / experience of 3D coordination of M&E systems (pipework, ventilation, containment, lighting, sprinkler & Plant) for a large contractor.
* Proven ability / experience of creating 2D construction issue drawings.
* Proven ability / experience in reading Architectural and M&E drawings.
* Proven ability / experience chairing coordination meetings.
* Core construction discipline desirable (Architectural, Engineering or MEP)
* Experience of working on 3 No. Projects in BIM valued at over £1m
Beneficial software’s applicants can use
* Autodesk Fabrication MEP
* Solibri Model Checker
* Ability to delegate successfully know when and who to delegate to, ensure deadlines are set and time is allowed for feedback before task completion
* Assess relative risk and allocate time accordingly
* Lead and motivate the team
* Effective communication skills
* Excellent organisation skills
* Excellent time management skills
* An exceptional eye for detail
* Ambition to succeed and progress
* Passion for delivering results
Behaviour & Attitude
* An exemplar ambassador for the company and its values; integrity, dependability, safety, pride, quality.
* A positive, ?can do? approach, determined to succeed.
* Rewards achievement.
* Generates a sense of energy and urgency.
* Remains calm under pressure.
* Build trust and maintains excellent working relationships.
* Recognises own strengths and weaknesses and committed to ongoing development.
* Demanding of self and others .
* Acceptance of responsibility and accountability.
* Sound, balanced judgement.
Beneficial but not essential experience
* Experience in detailed surveys of building structures, existing plant and installations.
* Experience in offsite fabrication detailing.
* Experience of support structures