Mechanical Project Manager
A Specialist bespoke fireplace contractor are looking for a technical project from an design engineering background to join the team.
Based out of our design office in Finchley Central in North London, this is a busy and varied role that crosses the critical areas of this unique business pushing the project from concept, through planning, to execution and completion.
Ideally suited to a highly organised, hand on Project Manager from an Engineering or Construction background who is happy to work in a small business environment, and someone that is looking for, and happy to have, responsibility.
As a small business we can offer great flexibility, a varied role and an opportunity to get involved in different areas and facets of the business. There will be a degree of travelling involved, mainly around the UK but also abroad (to a lesser extent).
Responsibilities and Duties
* Responsible for all aspects of the fireplace installation, including the planning, the execution and the completion.
* Manage and work alongside the fitting engineers on site to ensure projects are completed and fulfilled smoothly.
* Conduct detailed site surveys to link into the design, and the installation plan of new projects.
* Liaise with builders, architects, designers and customers ensuring projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
* Liaise with the fabricators to order the fireplaces to ensure a successful manufacture and delivery.
* Liaise with suppliers to order other parts needed for a project.
* Manage the Junior CAD Technician
* Manage stock levels and the storage room.
* Strong Project Management experience, including use of project management tools / systems
* Is able to demonstrate strong experience in a technical background (Design / Engineering)
* Site experience needed
* Hands on approach; prepared to put in the effort and hard work to make the things actually happen
* Strong interpersonal skills
* A proactive approach to work
* Ability to plan and prioritise tasks
* Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
* Full and clean driving licence
* Must live in London or within a commutable distance
* Management experience
* Degree level in design/engineering/technical subject
* Project Management qualification
* Practical knowledge of using power tools and ideally metalwork
* Basic knowledge of building materials
* Some knowledge of AutoCAD 2D, Sketch Up and the Adobe Creative Suite would be beneficial
* Own car