Mechanical Package Manager (BMS.)
Mechanical Package Manager (BSM)
One of the UK’s most respected M&E Contracting companies is working on a very prominent healthcare construction project in Cambridgeshire. We are looking for a Mechanical Package Manager to join on a contract basis to help deliver a package of HVAC valued at circa £10M of which will be mainly focused on the plant rooms of the R&D section of this project. You need to be from a major projects background, having delivered sizeable mechanically led programmes of work for leading companies.
As the successful Mechanical Package Manager you are likely to have
* Significant experience in healthcare construction.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Able to provide weekly report (progress and contract) to the Operations Manager, Support Site Managers.
* Need to take full responsibility for all staff in your team and oversee career development, training and motivation.
* Manage and proactively support all commercial activities to ensure they reflect the requirements of the business and implement the agreed business plan to achieve current and future agreed performance targets and minimise risk and exposure.
* Ensure that all activities are delivered to the agreed time / cost / service specification / presentation.
* Keep and maintain full documentation to ensure that good business practice is achieved and that the company’s contractual and corporate responsibilities are discharge.
* Full compliance with operation team daily, weekly, fortnightly and monthly requirements.
* Record variations, and correct documentation, forwarding weekly with cost breakdowns to the client in a non-contractual manner.
* Valuations / variations administration.
* Great knowledge with Managing finances, Finance reporting (project control financial report) to be compiled monthly, Purchase / spend analysis to be kept fully updated at all times.
* Maintain detailed financial control of allocated projects, Check and sign off purchase invoices, Ensure production of external and internal valuations / invoices in conjunction with the Surveyor to maximise the values claimed.
* Manage monthly certifications from external companies to ensure full application is certified for payment, date for payment agreed and actual payment received as agreed.
* Support the final account production and negotiations throughout the project to settlement.
* Maintain a positive cash flow to all projects and eliminate 30 / 60 / 90 day debt issues.
* Manage procurement in its entirety.
* Be aware of the spend values within the tender buying plan; review this as the project progresses and at completion.
This section of works runs until Summer 2019, however there are more phases of this project to follow.