Managing Quantity Surveyor
Managing Quantity Surveyor
£85-90000 plus £6000 car allowance and 10% bonus
My client are looking for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to lead new build residential project in Camden. The project which is starting March 2019 is a £7m 9 storey RC Frame new build project consisting of 25 apartments with Brickwork façade for one of the UK’s leading private developers. The role for is ideal for a Quantity Surveyor to make the step up to a Senior Quantity Surveying position.
With regard to the type of candidate;
Candidate must be proactive, hardworking and able work autonomously. Must be thorough and reliable in the quality of their output. Should be willing to develop junior members of commercial staff and must work well within a small team environment with no passengers.
Candidate will ideally have a strong background in the Construction / Development sectors, JCT contracts and on design & build and refurbishment projects and have experience working for a main contractor.
Technical Competencies Required;
* Procurement (Procurement Schedule, BoQ’s / Enquiries, Analysis, Subcontracts)
* Value Engineering (Materials, Design, Construction Techniques, Others)
* Main Contract Administration (Standard Forms, Change Control, Dispute, Maximise Value etc)
* Subcontract Administration (Change Control, Dispute, Minimise Cost, etc)
* Cost Reporting (Using Costing Databases – Maxcel etc, CVRs, Cashflows)
* Construction Knowledge (Types of Build / Technologies)
* Final Accounts / Negotiating
* Managing Team / Junior members (Leadership Potential)
* Preparation of project Commercial Reporting as required.
* Preparation of Valuations/Application for payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract.
* Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation.
* Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules.
* Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
* Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers.
* Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change.
* Challenge & manage in cost control / cost mitigation.
* Ensure the correct site records are maintained.
* Implement a WBS structure to satisfy the Client & Contract requirements.
* Have an up to date Cost to Complete and Risk analysis Register for the projects(s).
* Preparation, negotiation and agreement of change events, extension of time claims, final accounts etc.
* Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required.
* Ensure appropriate Client Management is initiated and maintained.
* Drafting of complex subcontract arrangement including professional services & appropriate terms of engagement.
* Identification and advice upon of insurance related issues.
* Maximising of cash position, including WIP control, cash flow production & improvement plans.
* Maintain / assist in the production of the margin improvement plan on the project.
* Assist in work winning duties as required and 2 stage tendering