M&E Manager – Hard Services
Leading FM Provider
£50,000 – £55,000
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join one of the industry’s leading facilities services’ providers. They have a wealth of experience and they manage and deliver facilities services to some of the UK’s most important and business critical commercial and government buildings. These include major corporate head offices, government properties, schools, colleges, hospitals, shopping complexes, retail multiples, business parks, airports, industrial processing plants power facilities and military bases.
This role is based in a large hospital with both a private and NHS wing in West London which holds high standards of its engineers and personnel. The facilities team is made up of 15 staff which includes maintenance and facilities personal, specialist contractors and various project staff. The overall responsibility of the role will be for the total facilities services provision, together with the co-ordination of environmental, health and safety and emergency/disaster planning policies and procedures. Essential qualities that the ideal candidate should have include the ability to manage customer satisfaction, a facilities team and supplier services with a strong financial reporting ability, and motivation to continuously improve all aspects of the operation and quality of service delivery in line with contractual requirements and service level agreements.
A technical knowledge base is essential for this role, both mechanical or electrically biased backgrounds in your work history would be considered, with emphasis on HVAC experience being deisrable. You are expected to be the technical point of contact for your team, and the high standards of this hospital does apply to management level as well.
Other duties are as follows
* Managing of sub-contractors and other members of staff.
* Strong understanding of health and safety.
* Leading, coaching and developing a multi-functional team of facilities staff across one or more buildings.
* Developing best practice for services on site, to drive service and quality improvements across the contract.
* Carry out regular site audits.
* Close customer liaison with regards to service delivery of all service lines.
* Accountability and management of an agreed annual budget including monthly P&L management.
* Management of all service provisions within the building to ensure compliance with contractual requirements and legal requirements.
* Proactively review staffing and service requirements to ensure both are delivered as effectively as possible.
* Support the Account Manager
* Much more which I can discuss with you in person
Applicants for this role must be able to demonstrate the following
* Proven ability to motivate and lead a multi-skilled team
* Management and the management of operational incidents.
* Previous experience within a service provider
* Demonstrable experience of budget management and control of small revenue works, together with the ability to deliver monthly numbers at senior meetings with an explanation of variances.
* Experience of managing a workforce of various levels and disciplines within the FM environment.
* Extensive experience of managing sub-contractors and supply chain within a complex multi-faceted operation.
* Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations is desirable.
* BOAS Cat 2 Qualification advantageous
* Experience and knowledge of hard services to ensure all maintenance is carried out in line with statutory regulations.
* C&G Electrical or Mechanical Level 3 qualification is a must, applicants without these certifications will not be considered.
* Diligent and pro-active
* Ability to prioritise and act on own initiative
* Excellent organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail
* A flexible approach to work would be essential
If you would like to be considered for this role, get in touch with Martin Borg on 0207 065 7288 or via firstname.lastname@example.org