Location: South London
Our client is a prestigious and world renowned organisation based in the South London.
They have delivered substantial top line growth in recent years and they expect that growth to continue in conjunction with an ambitious investment programme in the years ahead.
Due to their continued growth, we are currently looking for an Information Manager to primarily work in their Facilities Management Team but also liaising with their Estate Development Team.
Although you will be required to liaise with the Estate Development Team, the data and information shared with other departments within my client’s organisation will be integral for communication across all teams.
To improve the efficiency of the FM and EDT teams
* To be a key communication link between the FM and EDT teams.
* To manage the current Electronic Document Management System (Viewpoint’s 4Projects) to ensure all FM and EDT contractors and suppliers are following our client’s procedures.
* To manage and administer the current electronic operation and maintenance contract with Createmaster
* To ensure all as-built drawings and operation and maintenance manuals are readily available to the Facilities Management Team.
* To ensure all construction documentation is stored within the EDMS
* To review the current process and procedures for document management and asset management and make recommendations to improve efficiency and compliance.
* Be aware of new collaboration tools within the construction industry which would help with transition from construction to operation.
* To define and implement consolidated document management system throughout the Estate Department, how documentation is stored, recovered, presented and issued both within and external to the organisation.
* To catalogue, classify, consolidate and store all existing documentation, both hard copy and electronic, compliant with the agreed process for easy access, issue and retrieval.
* Communicate across the department the gaps within the data stored.
* Review and update our client’s standards and operating process and procedures to be included within contractors and supplier’s tender packages and consultant’s terms of reference.
* As part of the review, workshop across the department feedback from the current document management processes and procedures and communicate all changes across the department.
* To formalise and implement data management and access authorisation and control for all project participants, both internal staff and external agencies.
* To instigate and manage building surveys to audit existing record documentation to develop consolidated accurate records of all buildings.
* To provide the available building record information to design and contract teams at the outset of each project.
* To define project specific record documentation information requirement, standards and format to be issued by contractors at the end of each project.
* Implement a new construction photographs storage system, being developed by Capture
* To oversee the development of new information systems to implement an online information database of building information products and record documentation for easy access, issue and retrieval. The system is required to
* create and search databases
* catalogue and index materials
* scan and abstract materials
* conduct information audits
* To write and edit reports, publications and website content
* To respond to enquirers’ requests using electronic and printed resources
* To run effective enquiries and current awareness or ‘alerting’ services and develop communications strategies
* To provide training and advice to colleagues and sometimes clients, on the use of electronic information services
* To maintain confidentiality of information
* To provide line management to our clients Document Controller
* To manage the annual ?clean up’ day for the Estate Department, focusing on archiving both physical and electronic documentation
* Degree qualified or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline
* A good working knowledge of 4Projects (administrator level), or similar
* Knowledge of building mechanical, electrical and public health systems
* Knowledge of high quality Operation and Maintenance manuals
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* IT skills, with the ability to create and search databases, manage design for the web and manage the content of internets and intranets
* Well-developed research skills
* Attention to detail
* Flexibility to take on a variety of tasks of different scope and sensitivity
* Organisation and time management skills – to organise resources as well as your own time and, the time of others
* An awareness of the importance of deadlines is particularly important
* Initiative and a creative approach to helping others find what they need
* Customer service skills and commercial awareness
* Confidence and assertiveness
* Teamworking skills
* A willingness to keep up to date with advances in technology and social media
* Experience within a similar construction/developer environment
* Professional registration with an appropriate body, such as AIIM
* Experience within an FM environment
For more information regarding the above role, please contact Stephen Tiigah – email@example.com for more information.