Facade Design Engineer
My client, a well established well known facade engineering consultancy based in London are looking for a Facade Design Engineer to help grow and progress the team.
You will be required to
* Preparing concept sketches, detailed designs, calculations and reports as directed by a Team Leader or Associate Director.
* Liaising with other disciplines to coordinate designs
* Edit specifications to clarify the technical requirements of the design.
* Review facade contractor’s tender returns, designs and calculations.
* Witness testing of facade systems
* Undertake factory visits and site inspections
About the Candidate
* Sketching – An ability to communicate ideas and develop concepts using hand sketches
* Design/Detailing – competence in 2D and 3D CAD software, preferably including Revit.
* Building Physics – understanding the principles governing thermal performance, condensation risk, etc and how these are applied in facade design.
* Structure – understanding structural constraints in facade design.
* Research – an ability to investigate and evaluate materials and system options
* Report writing – an ability to compile well written text with suitable images.
Points of Appeal
* Financial stability
* Fantastic team
* Company going places