Externals Site Manager
Summary of the Role:
To manage the external Packages of the site through to handover, ensuring that Programme, Quality and Cost targets are achieved in accordance with the build programme, through the effective management of the Site team and subcontractors.
What will I be responsible for:
* With the support of the Senior Construction Manager, co-ordinate trades, direct labour and materials to meet the production programme; maintain the optimum level of material on site to ensure that the site team is fully and effectively employed.
* Ensure that all packages are produced to a consistently high standard of quality, so as to comply with NHBC requirements and the Building Regulations.
* Monitor and control the cost of production, and approve payments to sub-contractors.
* Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety and other relevant legislation, and accompany any authorised person connected with Health and Safety at Work or other relevant legislation in inspections of the site.
* Initiate and attend inspections by the Local Building Inspector or the NHBC under the Building Regulations.
* Liaise with internal colleagues/Line Managers, and external suppliers and contacts as required in order to ensure the build programme is achieved.
* With the support of the Senior Construction Manager, ensure that the on-site Construction team is fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the site's workload and resources.
Personal characteristics/ qualifications and skills:
* Extensive experience of working within established build programs
* Excellent communicator, with high detail orientation.
* Assertive to ensure delivery of targets by on-site team and trades/labour.
* Ability to prioritise tasks to meet changing business needs, demonstrates strong problem-solving ability.
* A member of the Chartered Institute of Builders and/or qualified to NVQ level 6 in Construction Management or a time served tradesman with considerable experience of the full range of construction trades.
* In depth knowledge of all aspects of the construction trade and the relevant legislative requirements e.g. Health and Safety, NHBC requirements and Building Regulations.
* Good knowledge, understanding and experience of dealing with all issues relating to Customer Care.
What about the benefits package:
* Competitive salary
* Pension Scheme
* Company car or car allowance
* Flexible Benefits
* 25 days holiday