Estimator | Façade Sub-Contractor
A UK fire rated cladding specialist are looking for an Estimator to join their pro-active and enterprising team. Their expertise is in non-combustible facades, using only A1 fire-rated cladding and insulation, suitable for buildings of any height.
They’re looking for a candidate who is willing to undertake work on various projects and perform site visits to investigate the best method of work. As a business they have a positive and collaborative working environment and will provide the opportunity to build an estimating team.
They work on both new builds and existing buildings and can undertake, design, supply and installation of the building façade, providing bespoke services where necessary, this is all done from their own manufacturing plant. As a business they are also part of a larger group that spans construction, property management, hotel management and the private rental sector.
* Understand and scrutinise Project Specifications & Drawings
* Meeting with clients and consultants
* Carry out site visits and surveys
* Measuring and take offs for materials, plant and labour
* Complete tenders within short timescales, common return period between 1 and 3 weeks
* Able to tender between 1 and 3 projects at any time period
* Identify and present tender qualifications and exclusions
* Produce Value Engineering solutions
* Obtain, understand and scrutinise subcontractor quotations
* Maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels within the Company and with all sister companies, as well as externally with clients, suppliers, subcontractors and third parties.
* Where management of staff is required, the candidate would need to lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage staff.
* Monitoring performance and reporting to the director.
* Maintain a flexible working approach and assist other teams, such as the sales team, as required
If you’re interested in hearing more about this Estimator opportunity please call Andrew Pipe for a confidential discussion on 02070657277 or for an out of hours discussion on 07841199419. Alternatively email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.