Estimator/Buyer | Residential Developer | Hertfordshire
A well-established developer based in Hertfordshire are looking for someone to join their close knit team and work a duel Estimating and Buying position where you’ll be heavily involved in taking off materials from drawings.
As a business they’ve been building outstanding apartments in prime locations for 40 years, all their properties are designed to and are built to the highest standards, meaning they’ve been awarded a 5-star rating for customer satisfaction in an independent survey by the Home Builders Federation every year since the awards began.
* Take responsibility for the procurement of an allocated number of procurement items on any divisional development at any one time in close liaison with the Divisional and respective Region Buyer.
* Carry out close liaison with the Divisional Buyer and each Regional Buyer to help advise, plan and offer general support as and when required.
* Pay close attention to ?Regional? and ?Divisional? key dates schedules to ensure Divisional and Regional buying plans are managed to allow for successful delivery. Dedicated and collaborative working alongside the job surveyors and development managers within regions is key for this responsibility.
* Work with the Construction and Design Teams in developing and supporting product and material specifications
* Report as necessary on the departmental activities (procurement budgets, compliance etc) and use data to drive continuous improvement alongside the regional and divisional teams
* Help the Group Commercial Director and Divisional Buyer establish a consistent way of working within the procurement teams and support the regions to administer regional actions accordingly
* Support on scheduling practices for regional material purchase.
* Strict adherence to Construction budget parameters and coding alignment.
* Ensure that Supplier Performance Reports are completed as directed and data loaded on to the system.
* Resolve supplier disputes as required across the division.
* Represent the Buying Department at site and Fusion meetings, making sure the department is involved in decisions relating to its role if local resource is unable to attend.
* Ensure compliance to Group Framework Agreements generally to include the establishment of a close working relationship with the Group Procurement team. Address any non-compliance with the development team and escalate to Divisional Buyer if required.
* Work closely with the Schedulers and Estimators within the division in the production and management of cost libraries and estimates.
* Support on the day to day site queries in regards to material purchase alongside the Regional and Divisional Buyers.
* Support site teams to create material management strategies so as to reduce variation spend.
* Provide information and data as required to assist Group in recovering all due rebates.
* Liaise with Design Teams to ensure that specified products are included with the design throughout the division.
If you’re interested in hearing more about this Estimator/Buyer opportunity please call Andrew Pipe for a confidential discussion on 02070657277 or for an out of hours discussion on 07841199419. Alternatively email your details to email@example.com. Closing date for this opportunity is 29/03/19.