Electrical Project Manager
Location: Non UK
A leading multinational engineering services provider with annual revenues of over :500m who work with leading names in the Pharmaceutical, Industrial, Healthcare and Technology sectors providing mechanical, electrical, fire protection and technologies engineering require an Electrical Project Manager to work on a notable data centre development in Frankfurt Germany.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Management of Site Safety in conjunction with the project manager, Construction Manager and the Safety Team. This will include the setup, management of and closing out of the safety file as part of the Management team. You will be responsible for preparing and submitting to the EHS departments all Risk assessments and Method Statements associated with works under your control, it is important that these are done in advance to allow sufficient time to review and approve prior to works commencing.
* Along with the wider Project management team, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining a safe work environment for all trade staff under your control and in particular for areas under your management. If 3rd Parties are responsible for impacting this, you are expected to fully report this to the Project management team and raise it at the relevant Safety meetings.
* Management of Site QA in conjunction with the Construction Manager and QA Manager including set up, management and close ot of file.
* QA Management will comprise the full compliance with companies QA Systems and Procedures which include the following;
* Adopt a Right First-Time approach to Quality * Agree a schedule of ?First in Place? installations and gain Sign-off acceptance of same from the wider project team (including Client, Main Contractor and Engineers). This will include generating a photographic record of all First In Place installations and logging them as Submittals for approval, including overseeing field walk acceptance. * Ensure both direct and Sub-contract trade's sign-off on the ?First In place? installations and that you maintain full records of same. This is to ensure that all trade resources fully understand the Quality expectations of the installations. * Ensuring compliance with the ?First In Place? installations throughout the remainder of the installation and ensure those not complying are reported and held to account, through disciplinary measures. * Participating in QA Audits, logging defects and promptly closing same. * Management of Project Schedule in conjunction with Mercury Project manager, Construction Manager and Scheduler to meet the General Contractor and Client requirements. The management of the Schedule will include full participation and at times chairing daily Last Planner sessions to ensure works progress in accordance with the plan. * Along with the Wider project management team and commercial team, you will be responsible for the Management of all costs associated with your package of works including
* Labour (ensuring to maximise labour productivity, completing labour tracking of hours against specific tasks and logging same in Daily LAR reports and tracking spent hours against Earned hours), * Sub-contractors * Material deliveries and goods receipting (working with the logistics team). * Plant and Equipment * Variations * Valuation * Management of all day to day site operations
* Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and manpower levels. Ensure that there is a weekly minutes meeting with sub-contractor. * Issue direct labour hours and sub-contractor hours to time administrator for tracking centrally (this is the Daily LAR Sheets, so these can be tracked against the Site clock). * Attendance at Site Meetings (Internal & External), Internal Project Reviews, Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings * Close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the support of the site Construction Manager & Project Management Team. * Issue weekly cost reports in conjunction with the commercial team. This will include all orders placed, materials expected, and labour levels. * Issue internal weekly progress report rolled up from project supervisors report. This will highlight progress percentage complete based on WBS codes and any concerns. It should also highlight any risk elements within the control of Mercury, eg late deliveries. * Issue external weekly progress report, to the project manager, highlighting areas not available, delays, shortage of design, third party hold ups and percentage complete. * Schedule material deliveries to correspond with the project schedule. Track deliveries in particular. * Constant liaison with the Supply chain in order to get accurate feedback on deliveries of materials to site.
Salary circa £70k-£75k + package including flights/accomodation and living away subsistence.
For more information contact Mark Kenny on 02070657275 or email firstname.lastname@example.org ~