Design Manager – Tier 1 Main Contractor
£75k base salary + £5,532k Car Allowance + Travel Expenses + 6% Pension + Healthcare + x2 Life Assurance
A unique opportunity to join Tier 1 Main Contractor in London, working on exciting and challenging residential and mix use development all within M25.
This main contractor is looking for either established Design Manager or Technical Manager to lead a small £6million development in Essex. This scheme will be on site in November but they have already done the demolition and want someone to take control of the design from early stage through to completion.
They have strong focus on work life balance and really good family culture. The Technical Director is new and has made huge impact on the business since joining. Improving the department operationally and generating good solid pipeline of work. They are technology focused and use modern methods of construction to deliver a high-quality product to their clients.
Overview of responsibilities
* The Design Manager will be responsible for all design and technical aspects of a project(s) ensuring it isdelivered on budget and to programme.
* This will entail effective management of external consultants togetherwith the ability to communicate effectively with the wider Team and business partners.
* The Design Manager must ensure all schemes adopt the ?best value? approach which seeks to minimise costswhilst maximising value.
Required Skills & Qualifications
* Construction related degree, ideally within design management (HNC / HND minimum).
* Design management with Main Contractoror or Residential Developer
* Residential, housing or mix use project experience essential
* Good commercial and technical awareness within building technology and regulations
* Experience of taking schemes from tender through to completion
* Good knowledge of UK building regulations and building control
If you are interested in this unique opportunity to lead this flagship scheme, please call me for a confidential discussion on 07572 466 245 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org