Design Manager | Top Tier Main Contractor | Residential
Design Manager required for one of the largest and most successful family-owned private construction, development and property services companies in the UK. Within the group they are a UK-wide contractor specialising in maximising value for customers in the public and private sector, with an uncompromising focus on safety and quality.
As a business they have a proven track record in all their core markets commercial and mixed use developments, education and student accommodation, heritage, local authority frameworks, inner-city residential, senior living, industrial and research.
The successful Design Manager will be working on a recently secured £1billion framework for the local authority on a mixture of residential RC frame and traditional build projects, working from stage 1 design onwards.
Design Manager duties
* Where applicable manage/assist in the production of the Contractors proposals, ensuring they are complete, unambiguous, and have been reviewed by the bid team, and have been updated to include all post tender negotiations.
* Assist the Senior Design Manager to produce the project specific designer agreements using the company standard format, except where novation agreements already exist, scope of services and the design management plan ensuring they are agreed and fully understood by all parties.
* Produce agree and manage, with all relevant parties, a realistic design programme and information required schedule to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements.
* Manage the design on site with where appropriate the assistance of other site based resource implementing the design management procedures to ensure the timely production of information.
* Ensure that all design deliverables are reviewed to establish they are within budget, are fully coordinated and are buildable.
* Review the design with respect to mitigating Health and Safety issues prior to construction.
* Ensure the project team are working to the agreed Contractors Proposals.
* Where nominated control design change process management.
* Where nominated organise and chair regular design team meetings.
* Provide guidance to the project team on design related issues.
* Liaise with the Senior Design Manager reporting on project performance.
* Assist the Senior Design Manager in the implementation of Continuous Improvement programmes and innovation.
If you're interested in this Design Manager opportunity, please call Andrew Pipe for a confidential discussion on 02070657277 or for an out of hours discussion on 07841199419 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.