Buyer | Developer
Buyer required for an established developer based in Hampshire, their properties are designed to make living easier and are built to high standards, just two of the reasons they’ve been awarded the 5-star rating for customer satisfaction in an independent survey by the Home Builders Federation every year since the awards began.
* To provide a professional Buying support service to the division
* Support the delivery of key business performance targets and of the Buying team Service Level Agreements to Regions, in order to meet wider company business objectives.
* Support to ensure that the Group’s Procurement Strategy is fully embedded with the Division.
* To support the notion of delivering best value procurement within the Division and ensuring procurement is carried out in a timely manner and in line with budget.
* Provide local or divisional support where required on a priority basis to ensure the regions continue to deliver on their objectives.
* Support the Company culture and values and the delivery of high levels of business performance and customer satisfaction
* Take responsibility for the procurement of an allocated number of procurement items on any divisional development at any one time in close liaison with the Divisional.
* Work with the Construction and Design Teams in developing and supporting product and material specifications
* Report as necessary on the departmental activities (procurement budgets, compliance etc) and use data to drive continuous improvement alongside the regional and divisional teams
* Help the Group Commercial Director and Divisional Buyer establish a consistent way of working within the procurement teams and support the regions to administer regional actions accordingly
* Support on scheduling practices for regional material purchase.
* Strict adherence to Construction budget parameters and coding alignment.
* Ensure that Supplier Performance Reports are completed as directed and data loaded on to the system.
* Resolve supplier disputes as required across the division.
* Represent the Buying Department at site and Fusion meetings, making sure the department is involved in decisions relating to its role if local resource is unable to attend.
* Ensure compliance to Group Framework Agreements generally to include the establishment of a close working relationship with the Group Procurement team. Address any non-compliance with the development team and escalate to Divisional Buyer if required.
* Work closely with the Schedulers and Estimators within the division in the production and management of cost libraries and estimates.
* Support site teams to create material management strategies so as to reduce variation spend.
* Provide information and data as required to assist Group in recovering all due rebates.
If you’re interested in hearing more about this Buyer opportunity please call Andrew Pipe for a confidential discussion on 02070657277 or for an out of hours discussion on 07841199419. Alternatively email your details to email@example.com. Closing date for this opportunity is 29/03/19.