BIM Manager required for work in Kent. Our client is a leading multi-disciplined construction and property consultancy that provide a definitive range of services to the UK building and construction industry covering chartered building & quantity surveying, project management, architecture & master planning, civil & structural engineering, mechanical & electrical engineering, sustainability and health & safety.
We are seeking a BIM Manager to manage and lead BIM services across disciplines, including architecture, structural engineering, mechanical and electrical engineering and information management / client representative. Training for the development of key skills within the disciplines will be supported, based on need.
* Gain an understanding of the software used across the company disciplines as related to BIM functions, maintain records of software and user skill base. Identify gaps and take responsibility for addressing these.
* Develop and manage quality control and auditing for company processes, and project processes.
* Act as liaison between the IT support team and the design teams, assist IT in evaluation of software.
* Be responsible for managing and guiding the development of the existing company BIM standards, protocols, documentation, families, templates etc.
* Stay informed on best practice and software developments relating to BIM.
* Assist in the testing, selection, development and running of a company externally accessible Common Data Environment
* Provide or arrange training to the design teams, including making business case for external training required, and obtaining management approval to required expenditure.
* Assist in interviewing and testing of new starters.
* Manage and provide training to new starters.
* Assist internal project teams in BIM project set up.
* Establish model EIRs and BEPs etc and assist clients and project teams in agreeing project specific EIRs, BEPs, protocols and workflows.
* Assist and guide project teams in setting up project management and functions including documentation, responsibility matrices.
* Assist in producing tender documentation and reviewing schedules of services.
* Assist in setting up CDEs if required.
* Market the company BIM services, including writing for company website and communication channels internally and externally, attending conferences, meeting and presenting to clients, and developing client contacts.
* In-depth working knowledge of BIM delivery requirements, based on experience of leading and delivering projects at level 2 or above.
* Thorough knowledge of design software
* Specific software experience in
* * Autocad * * Revit * * Navisworks * * NBS * * Content Studio * * Understanding of Tekla (structures) IES and Hevacomp (MEP) * * Cobie compliant data collation
* Experience of Common Data Environment Systems such as Aconex, 4projects or similar
* Proven ability to lead and develop a project team across disciplines
* Must be able to work with and motivate teams including colleagues at all levels.
* Must be able to work under pressure and manage conflicting deadlines and objectives.
* Must be able to identify obstacles and devise solutions.
* Must be committed to success
As a BIM Manager you may be from any of the above disciplines. Remuneration package will reflect the skillset of the individual recruited. This is a key position within the company, and the scope for career progression is significant.