Our client is a market leading global multi-disciplined design consultancy based in Surrey and London.
Due to a rapid increase in workload, we are currently looking for a BIM Manager to provide expertise and design knowledge on a variety of high profile multi-disciplined projects in the UK and overseas.
The role will be within their London and South East team as part of the Building Services UK national practice and will involve working with a multidiscipline team of architects and engineers, providing a comprehensive and fully integrated design service to their clients.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced information manager to join an internationally renowned consultant, affording the opportunity to work on large scale multidiscipline projects. You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
Position & Grade
This role would suit a Senior or Principal Grade and will report directly to the Building Services Digital Engineering Lead.
This is a permanent staff position based in London.
The individual will have the following responsibilities (but not limited to)
* An excellent working knowledge of Bentley MicroStation/AECOsim with proven experience, ideally having worked on major design projects.
* Experience of rail projects and familiarity with Network Rail and LUL standards.
* Complimentary experience of Autodesk AutoCAD and/or Revit would also be beneficial as would hands on use of Navisworks and EDMS tools.
* A thorough understanding and ability to communicate the aspirations and principles of BIM.
* A robust knowledge of Building Services design and experience of services full co-ordination.
* Ability to work autonomously or as part of a larger team and able to plan strategically, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way to support the needs of the business.
* Flexibility to work in Epsom/London and willing to potentially travel within the UK and abroad for project related work.
* Capable of accurate work under pressure and able to work on several projects simultaneously.
* Interested in developing design tools to enable more efficient and accurate production of project deliverables.
* Wider knowledge of other disciplines highly desirable.
* Able to gain security clearance if required.
* Project initiation, setting up and establishing new projects with appropriate file structures and BIM standards.
* Exploit opportunities for low cost base working within the group.
* Project delivery, management of modelling duties, co-ordinate modelling teams and ensure integration of modelling information with other disciplines.
* Production management of drawn information in the appropriate format to meet project timescales.
* Implement quality control and ensure adherence to standards with consistency of approach across Microstation or AECOsim output.
* Support for tenders and proposals requiring digital information content.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
For more information regarding the above role, please contact Stephen Tiigah – firstname.lastname@example.org