Job Title BIM Manager
Location St Pauls
The Company My client is a multi-disciplinary consultancy offering a wide variety of engineering and sustainability services from locations across Asia, the Middle East and North Africa, the UK and Europe.
Job Purpose To manage the successful production and delivery of Mechanical and Electrical BIM projects and resource for the London office. The role will focus on the delivery of multiple medium to large scale projects within a variety of sectors including Mixed Use Developments, High End Residential, Workplace, Education and Aviation.
Role and Responsibilities
* Production of consistently accurate, appropriate, and timely calculations and drawings in line with the Design team’s request
* Effective quality control and change management of incoming and outgoing documents
* Productive collaboration with technical and engineering colleagues
* As well as a solid understanding of the business and of the requirements of each discipline, they will need to maintain a comprehensive understanding of current best practice within the industry.
* They will be required to build and maintain strong relationships with engineers across all of our disciplines, within the UK and overseas, as well as with Technicians throughout the business
* Pro-actively managing own professional development within the framework provided by accredited training agreements
* Proactive supervision and development of more junior staff
* Delegation and supervision of work within project teams, and the provision of advice, guidance and coaching
* To manage a team of permanent and contract BIM staff
* To manage the production and delivery of BIM projects primarily from the London office
* Build internal relationships and liaise with Associates & Engineers to forecast workload and resource required
* Attend BIM project meetings for all projects
* To monitor quality control of drawing and model production (internal & external resources)
* Attend BIM Startup meetings and produce, read, approve, and comment on project BEP’s
* Keep up to date with all London office jobs, and future job possibilities to allow successful resourcing and timely delivery of projects
* Actively network with others in the industry to keep up to date with current and best practice
* Follow project management, quality assurance, environmental and health and safety procedures in all work undertaken.#
For a full job specification and information on the company or if you would like to apply, please contact Micaela Mitchell@skilledcareers.co.uk or call me on 0207 065 7276 / 07825 810 432 .