BIM Manager / Coordinator
Our client is a leading multi-disciplined design consultancy who have a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
Due to a rapid increase in workload we currently require a BIM Manager / Coordinator to join their growing team in Manchester on a contract basis for 12 months.
As a BIM manager or Coordinator you will work with their teams on a range of projects at all stages of the design and construction process. From day one, you will be involved in and take a key role in some important and challenging projects. Every day will be different, and you will be required to use your skills and knowledge of BIM and Revit to help their project teams provide technical solutions. Your day could involve implementing BIM plans, appraising and checking the coordination of BIM models, travelling to sites or attending client meetings.
* Maintaining our clients BIM Standards in conjunction with other BIM coordinators.
* Appraising and advising on information requirements for BIM / BIM level issued by their clients.
* Appraising and advising on requirements for common data environments issued by their clients.
* Implementing our clients BIM Healthy Start process on all projects.
* Preparing BIM execution plans, Revit templates and agreeing drawing file and naming conventions.
* Coordinating architectural and engineering teams in the implementation of BIM and in the use of Revit.
* Carrying out periodic clash detection checks on projects, issuing models, minutes and reports on this.
* Production of COBie data drops or similar (eg COBie-UK-2012 Version 2.4).
* Graduate (preferably post graduate) qualification in BIM. Alternatively an architect or architectural
technologist with a minimum 5 years of BIM experience
* Good spatial and technical ability with good analytical and organizational skills.
* In depth knowledge of PAS BS1192 and other relevant BIM standards and codes.
* Excellent knowledge and experience of Autodesk Revit, Navisworks and common data
* Eligible to work in the UK.
* Interest in all aspects of architecture, engineering and construction technology
* Ambitious, energetic and hard-working. Highly motivated with good communication skills.
* Previous experience of coordinating BIM in a high profile architectural practice.
For more information regarding the above role, please contact Stephen Tiigah – firstname.lastname@example.org